TenTec

[TenTec] Mmmmm hmmmm

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mmmmm hmmmm
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec, Inc.)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 15:23:53 Eastern Daylight Time
NF3I writes:
>A general coverage, synthesized, AM/CW/SSB receiver kit.

>$195.  Page 155 of the Nov. QST.

>There.  I blew the lid off it.

>15 memories, double conversion superhet, but step size is either 2.5 or
>100 kHz, so the clarifier is well-used for honing in on the desired
>signal.

We will be posting more data on the new kit to the web site hopefully
sometime next week so you can have a better look at it.  The kit will
be shipped in mid to late November.

nexus15@flash.net writes:

>I intercepted an RTTY message from a W4 that was talking about an
>all-band 100 watt HF rig and a module based cw station complete from
>antenna tuner, receiver, xmitter, keyer, audi filter, watt meter.  All
>to fit in a waterproof enclosure.  Don't know if it's TT though.

Definitely not a future offering from us.  Sounds intriguing, however.
I wonder how they'd keep the water out...

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec