TenTec

[TenTec] Using the scout mobile

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Using the scout mobile
From: ad4yh@nortel.ca (Dale Pendleton)
Date: 25 Nov 1997 09:58 EST
>Now, an old trick to using a battery with a rig
>with high peak current demand, is to parallel a large electrolytic capacitor
>across the battery, to help even out the peak current draw.  This is
>particularly useful if the battery is starting to age, and develops higher
>internal impedance, which limits the peak current it can deliver.

This is a very good idea...It will also help you squeeze more operation
out of a good battery as the charge drops off (on current peaks.)

I dont think a battery has any internal impedance tho...unless you apply
some AC to it. Then you will have other problems....A battery has
internal resistance...AD4YH