TenTec

[TenTec] Moderated list; Scout for trade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Moderated list; Scout for trade
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 06:56:04 -0500 (EST)
> I follow up on the Spams directly and ask that the Mail Reflector be
> removed from their mailing list + give a short "friendly" lecture at the

Keep in mind, however, that replying to these messages is a way of
telling the spammer that it has reached a valid address, which should
therefore be kept in its database.

> The only other alternative I know of is to go to a completely moderated
> forum.  I would have to approve each message before it can be posted.

I think this is a good idea.  Not only would it cut down on the spam,
but it could also eliminate the horribly redundant quoting of messages,
digest "how to" blurbs at the ends of messages, and embedded HTML which
simply doesn't "work" for plain-text mail readers.

---

Ten Tec content:

I hate to do it, but other interests are calling (besides, I'll keep
the Corsair II): I am offering for trade my Scout (Model 555), the
matching #937 power supply, band modules for 30, 40, and 80 meters,
manual, power cords (etc).  Everything is in absolutely perfect
condition, both mechanically and cosmetically.  I don't use the term
"mint" only because it's so over-used.  I believe the gear is all
approximately 1 or 2 years old (I can check on this); I'm the original
owner of it all.

In trade (this may be a long shot), I am looking for large-format
photography gear (camera, lens, in 4x5 or 8x10 inch format).  In
particular, lenses would be great.

Andrew M. Moore, NV1B
..