TenTec

[TenTec] Repost: #254 tuner/coupler for sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Repost: #254 tuner/coupler for sale
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:30:11 -0500 (EST)
Let's try this again.  Apparently the last message had no content.

I am selling my Ten Tec Model 254 antenna coupler.  I'm the original
owner.  I inspected it thoroughly, and it's in (truly) mint condition.
I don't use that term loosely.  $90 includes shipping in the U.S.  Ten
Tec stopped selling this model several years ago, I believe.

Brief description:

200 watts, backlit SWR and power meters, 1.8 to 30 MHz.  Switchable
among four coax-fed antennas, "by-pass" position, and longwire and
balanced feedline antennas.  Beige in color.

>From Ten Tec's brochure:

The Model 254 antenna tuner is a compact, lightweight design that will
match a variety of balanced or unbalanced antenna feedlines to the 50
ohm output of an HF transceiver.  A unique, Ten-Tec designed, tapped
inductor is wound on a 2-inch diameter powdered iron core with
provisions for 47 positions on the inductor selection control.  Two
open air variable capacitors match the input and output of the "T"
network.  This tuner is ideal for base or portable operation.  It also
is very effective as a mobile tuner for extending the useable
frequency range of a resonant mobile antenna.  An SWR metering system
is incorporated with meter scales of 0-20 and 0-200 watts.  The meter
can be illuminated with an external 12-14 VDC source.

Specifications, from Ten Tec's brochure:

- 200 watts continuous power input
- silver plated 18 gauge inductor, wound on a 2 inch diameter powdered
  iron "donut".  Forty seven position rotary tap selects inductance value.
- Two variable capacitors tune input and output.  Rated at 1000 volts each.
- Frequency range 1.8 to 30 MHz.
- powdered iron core balun is built-in for balanced feeders.
- rear panel input and outputs through SO-239 UHF connectors for coaxial
  lines.  Terminal posts for long wire or balanced feedline type antennas
  and for ground.  Front panel switch selects any of four antennas or the
  "by-pass" position.
- meter scales for 0-20 and 0-200 watts.  External 12-14 VDC required for
  meter light.  Rear panel connector provided.
- size: HWD 3.5" x 8.75" x 8.5"
- weight: 4 lbs., 3 oz. (1.9 kg)

---

Andrew M. Moore, NV1B