TenTec

[TenTec] Omni VI+ WOW!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ WOW!
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:11:46 -0500
At 10:04 PM 1/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>Just came home from a long day and what do I find on my door. The Omni
>VI+, I ordered yesterday, WOW! Very happy, here I am, got the rig all
>setup and skimmed through the manual for the important stuff. By the
>way, would it do any damage to the Omni VI+ if you accidental
>transmitted with the auto-notch on in CW mode? Does not say so in
>manual, just says it will interfere with audio notch.

The manual and automatic notch filters are not affected by transmitting,
as they are used for receive only.  The DSP AUTO NOTCH function is for SSB
use only, as it will tend to notch out not only the interfering carrier,
but the CW signal you are copying as well.  The manual notch should
be useful for notching out an undesired carrier in your passband in CW mode.

CQ 160 CW contest - tonight!  See you then.

Sincerely,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec