TenTec

[TenTec] Tuning knob adj.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tuning knob adj.
From: kovar@ia.net (Jack Kovar)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:41:52 -0500
        I just got mine spinning like a greased pig.

        1. Remove VFO knob and Dial Skirt.
        2. Gather up some alcohol and Qtips swabs.
        3. Drip alcohol slowly onto shaft as so it penetrates between center
and skirt shaft. Careful not to get alcohol onto other plastic parts.
Work into shaft by turning center shaft then tip radio as to let it
dump back out.
This seems to flush out old grease.
        4. I then used a triflow Teflon based lubricant to repeat this process.
        5. I used a tooth pick to trickle a bit of Triflow down into bearing
collar
followed by a toothpicking in a dab of grease.

        Did the same with my Triton and Dial string now tracks fantastic and
        spins like a greased pig too.

        Take your time and you will thrilled with the results.

                                        Jack Kovar
                                        k0var
                                        iowa
To: <tentec@contesting.com>