TenTec

[TenTec] Kachina

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Kachina
From: disorder@fastlane.net (Corboy-Poteet)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:31:55 -0500 (CDT)
 OK, I read the Kachina 505 review in the May issue of QST.  Looks
    nifty (as expected) but with specs that, in general, don't seem
    to quite measure up to comparably priced Yaesu/Kenwood/Icom gear.
    However, I do want to buy an American made product and will
    probably spring for the 505.  Before I take the step, I was wondering
    if anyone reading this mirror had any information (or rumors) on
    TenTec's plans for a product similar to the Kachina. I think of
    TenTec as rather conservative and not a company likely to break
    new ground; thus not a likely candidate to step beyond Kachina.
    But, following this group's comments on TenTec has me made me a
    believer and willing to wait a bit for something from TenTec if
    I thought it might be here soon.  Can't wait too long though,
    my Drake R4/T4X pair, like me, are getting a bit past their prime.

    Mike   W5FTD