TenTec

[TenTec] Historian author

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Historian author
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:37:00 -0700
Jim;

I have been compiling a collection of postings from the Ten Tec List for
almost 2 years now.  The file (book?) is approaching 200 pages
(Microsoft Word for Windows 97) and has 25 topic headings including some
on modifications and troubleshooting.  However, I have mostly
concentrated on articles about the Omni VI/VI+, TT Antenna Tuners, and
T-Kits.

The file is currently at version 2.0 (4/23/98).  I collect articles
daily and usually update the file weekly, but I have been very busy
lately and have fallen somewhat behind.  I still have some grammar,
syntax, and content editing to do on the postings from the last seven
weeks.  If you are interested in a copy I will send you the latest
version when complete.  The file is currently about 1.2MB (317KB zipped)
in size.

73

Reid, K7YX

_________________________________
Author:  "Jim and Kate Belt" [SMTP:jkbelt@spiritone.com] at MSXGATE
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date:    6/12/98 8:32 PM

Hi Gang:
I've not been a part of this reflector for very long but it doesn't take a
lot of savvy to see that there are some exciting topics, etc. Isn't there
someone among us able to collect and systematize this wealth of material
for a book, booklet, etc? It seems to me that there are great things going
on right under our noses. er antennas, er something. Maybe Ten Tec would
underwrite or assist in such an endeavor. You know how Americans (most of
us are....but not all) are. We sort of don't like history like Henry Ford.
73
Jim K7JIH