TenTec

[TenTec] Re: DC blocking caps for crystal filters - question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: DC blocking caps for crystal filters - question
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:42:17 -0400
I have just acquired a Corsair I and it has no optional filters.  My
purpose is ssb, amtor, and pactor for emergency and missionary traffic
(where the rig, antenna, and operating conditions at the other end are
generally poor, so I wish to compensate at my end).  What are your
recommendations as to filter set, mods, etc.?  (I have read somewhere that
there is a mod to the Corsair I that adds some of the filter stacking
advantages of the Corsair II.)

FYI:  I also have the matching Herc. I (444) with autobandswitching.  Any
word as to loss or added noise from the 444 in line?

Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA