TenTec

[TenTec] Re: K2 CW Break-in Performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: K2 CW Break-in Performance
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 22:59:12 -0400
--=====================_710089==_.ALT

No Eric, I was totally uninformed and I made the mistake of saying K2, when I
should have said Kachina!! I certainly apologize to you and Elecraft for my
error. Looking at your web page today is the first time I have seen your rig,
and I must say what you are doing is impressive.

At 11:33 AM 9/8/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Chester,
>
>I'm concerned you may be misinformed on the CW break-in performance of
>the K2. Both Wayne. N6KR, and myself are avid CW operators. As a result
>we made excellent CW break-in performance a requirement for the K2. Both
>of us are using the rigs daily to test them. So far we and our field
>testers have been very pleased with its CW operation.
>
>We included the following features specifically for CW op's:
>
>1. Smooth diode switched TX/RX break in with no clicks or thumps.
>2. Adjustable CW side-tone with tracking RX CW pitch.
>3. Adjustable CW side-tone level (separate from the regular volume
>control).
>4. Selectable CW normal/reverse sideband reception.
>5. Narrow IF filtering (500Hz, 250Hz optional)
>6. Very fast IF derived AGC (which can also be turned off).
>
>I do recall some other recently introduced rigs are using relay
>switching and audio filtering. Could you have been thinking of one of
>them?
>
>73,  Eric   WA6HHQ
>
>http://www.elecraft.com

Chester Alderman
Tom - W4BQF
chestert@pressroom.com

--=====================_710089==_.ALT

saying K2, when I should have said Kachina!! I certainly apologize to you
and Elecraft for my error. Looking at your web page today is the first
time I have seen your rig, and I must say what you are doing is
impressive.</div>
performance of</div>
result</div>
K2. Both</div>