TenTec

[TenTec] OMNI VI birdies and hash nearly solved

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI birdies and hash nearly solved
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 07:43:11 -0500
Hi Clark....I wouldn't make the assumption that because you got the upgrade
that you also got a complete realignment of the rig. I can give you (but I
know youve arleady read it!) my on the air comparisons between two
different IC-781's and an FT-1000MP, digging out weak CW signals in the
presence of QRN on 40 & 80 mtrs, but I didn't make the same comparison on
SSB. In short the  781 and the MP stack up pretty well in all comparison
areas except in their ability to handle QRN.
Glad you getting those birdies down!!!

>Hello All:
>
>I have come nearly to the conclusion of the 14.204 birdie and
>hash from the PLL tuning saga.
>
>My OMNI came back from the option 3 upgrade just a few months
>ago so I don't think it is out of alignment.  Curious, anyone
>else observe this?
>
>Clark
>WA3JPG

Chester Alderman