TenTec

[TenTec] You "no clickers"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] You "no clickers"
From: psikes@mail.whidbey.net (Phil Sikes)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 18:34:15 -0800
Hi Chester and the group. Well, maybe my ears aren't fast enough
to listen between the dots. I always run fast QSK but my top speed
is about 35 WPM. I have listened to both slow and fast QSK and
have no clicks in either. The QSK is great but for me to try and
hear anything between my characters at 35 WPM is pretty tough. I
can tell if there is a break or other QRM only if not running the amp
(which will only follow QSK up to about 25 - 30 WPM). I do not use
the internal keyer since I prefer my external memory keyer. Do the
people with clicks use the internal keyer??

Maybe I should try the recent mod discussed here to do away with
the internal amp control relay in the Omni. I am very pleased with
my Omni and have not heard any of the clicks, whizzes, chirps or
buzzes mentioned here on the list.

Just my humble opinion..

73 - Phil
N7UX