TenTec

[TenTec] Replies for Omni VI+ Service

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Replies for Omni VI+ Service
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:23:03 -0400
I don't know about the Omni-VI but the best fix in an Omni-V was to buy a
good freq. counter and learn to check and adjust it myself. Once you
learn how to set the BFO and lo oscillators it doesn't take long, and you
can keep that baby right on. After a settling period of a new rig it
should not change that much. The Omni-V is a real beast to tame but mine
only requires a touch up once a year or less and that is to keep it
within a few hertz. To me the trade off of a bit of drift is well worth
the great sound of crystal mixing.

Too bad we can't have a readout that can be switched to a real time freq.
counter. This could be used to aline the rig as well as tuning. I think
the new Elecraft (spl?) qrp rig has something like this in it so I know
it can be done.

73 -Jeff-  aa8ve   I love my Ten*Tec!