TenTec

[TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:53:08 -0400
Jason,
If your really serious about HF radio this is an easy choice. More
features is no substitution for quality radio. The Alinco is just another
do-all, look important, Jap. rig with more features than function. In
order for them to do all this they have to use low quality components and
throw away boards.  The Scout, on the other hand is a "Real radio" and
built like a tank.  If you could look inside the two and knew what you
were looking at there would be no question it's Ten*Tec hands down. Don't
be afraid of buying a used one either, with the great service of T*T
you'll have good support for years to come as well as saving a lot of
money.

Well what did you expect? This is a Ten*Tec list!

Jeff  aa8ve    73    As always "Rig here is Ten Tec!"