TenTec

[TenTec] Triton receiver coverage

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton receiver coverage
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 06:37:41 -0400

To the brotherhood of Ten*Tec users:

A couple days back I had the wonderful fortune of receiving my first
Triton.  After a quick run through and tune up of BFOs and such she came
right up to snuff,  yes everything I've heard about their great receiver
is true (How far have we come, really?).

  Now as I have an ol' R4-B I know a bit about de-tuning the front end of
receiver and hearing other frequencies on the harmonics. In the Triton
manual it tells how to tune in WWV by switching to 21.000 and turning the
resonate down to 80 meters. I just wonder if anyone has come up with what
bands or frequencies are possible by doing this on other bands? Or is
there a rule of thumb to figure this all out? I can hear a lot of other
signals on other bands doing this but have no idea where I'm at.

Thank you, Jeff   aa8ve         Ten*Tec  "It's the right thing to do."