TenTec

[TenTec] Delta II vs Scout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II vs Scout
From: w7itc@hotmail.com (Kenneth Crips)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:44:00 MDT
I have the use of My brothers Delta II and Argonaut II,  these are great
radios they are so much better then the Scout there is no comparison.  I
don't understand the Scout, why didn't they just upgrade the Argosy, most of
the short comings of the Argosy had been addressed by Mod's carried out by
it's owners, Ten Tec could have incorporated the best of these into the
radio.  The modules make the Scout much too expensive, once all the modules
are in hand.  For the price of a totally outfitted Scout you can get a FT
840 Yaesu, TS 50S Kenwood, DX-70T Alinco, etc.  I have used all of the
radios mentioned
and I can tell the Delta II/Argonaut II, Yaesu, Kenwood, and Alinco
are better radios then the Scout.  This really troubles me because I like
Ten Tec gear.  I hope the Pegasus is the start of a new and good thing.

Kenneth A. Crips
Amateur Radio Station W7ITC
w7itc@hotmail.com

Cheyenne, Wyoming's home of glowing Boatanchor radios, and
Razz, The Irish Terrier, that has a PhD in mooching, who hogs the bed on a
nightly basis, and steals the blankets.