TenTec

[TenTec] Scouts honor

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scouts honor
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 07:03:59 -0500
Yes testing is the key. I also switched the mode switch to speed in
recieve to cure any drift during warmup. Seems after rig is warm there's
not much drift anyway. Also for mine, running the internal keyer at 35 to
40 wpm was much more stable than using my bug. Try running a small ground
strap from the logic/cpu board ground trace down to the main board ground
plane, as well as some ground braid between all boards ground planes or
trace. This helped mine quite a bit.

When your banging away all that important stuff on CW with a Scout, you
do have to come up for air once in a while. This never bothered me what
does bother me is a rig with mushy or choppy keying, QSK that's out to
lunch, or a receiver that goes blank when ever someone else is on the
same band. Scout has some tradeoffs but for me it has more good things
than bad.

By the way if new bands come along, the Scout is ready just slide in the
new band modual and you'll still have a great mono band rig all set up
just for that new band.

Jeff aa8ve      ( Even my wife loves my TEN*TEC's) "You on that damn
radio again!?-- Yes Dear... But it's a TEN*TEC. ---  OK sweetheart stay
in there as long as you like, can I bring you something for dinner?!!"