TenTec

[TenTec] Transverter questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Transverter questions
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:45:49 -0700
Caitlyn;

Most, if not all transverters I have seen have input power "limitations".  I
have used a Ten Tec 1208 transverter with my omni VI/3 for about 5 years and
on more than one occasion I have accidentally dumped 100 watts into it and
it shows no ill affects from these lapses of concentration on my part.  The
input load resistors got very hot on one occasion but the unit still
functions as well as ever did.  It was also a lot of fun to build.

I too am waiting for the 526 to debut and am willing to wait even longer.

Stay away from the Japanese stuff!  It's bad for your health (when trying to
repair it or get it repaired) and it's bad for the country. :)

73.

Reid, K7YX