TenTec

Re: [TenTec] LW receiver

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LW receiver
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:56:09 EST

In a message dated 12/31/2005 10:31:52 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ron@morell.us writes:

Listening on 260 KHz with my ORION II tonight and heard KSL5 radio in  Utah
which broadcasts on 1160 KHz.  That would be 900 KHz below their  broadcast
frequency.  I'm curious about this and wonder what exactly  I'm listening to.

Besides, it is time to talk about something besides  headphones... :)
Ron KA7U

I had similar a few weeks ago, and it is possibly "your station" and a
second broadcast station near by proudcing a ifference frequency between the 2
stations and the rig is picking up the combined signal and detecting it at  .260

it is not a harmonic, but could be a difference freq if two strong am
stations are close by.

tom N6AJR