TenTec

[TenTec] RE: Equipment recomendations for CW gear?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Equipment recomendations for CW gear?
From: g.bold@auckland.ac.nz (Gary E. J. Bold)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:01:21 +1300
Tom,

re your request for help on CW keyers:   Check out the K9 keyer at

http://members.aol.com/k1el/

If you can solder together a simple circuit with an 8 pin DIP chip in it
and a handful of other components, you'll get a state-of-the-art
keyer (microprocessor controlled) for a very small outlay.

I have 2 of these (I use one portable when camping) and several
previous versions of the same Keyer.   I've recommended them to
several Hams here in ZL who have got them, and are very satisfied.

Of course, you'd need a paddle too, and this will cost you more.
If you can pick up a good used keyer with paddle included, you might
prefer to do that.

I'm sure that others will have recommendations too.

Best wishes for your forthcoming CW station!   We look forward to
meeting you on the HF bands!

73, Gary ZL1AN