TenTec

[TenTec] Delta 580 for beginner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta 580 for beginner
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A Calvin)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:58:42 -0500
I'd like to prevail on the wisdom of the group for this one.  My nephew
just got his technician (with 5 wpm Morse) license, and I'm trying to get
him interested in HF (since I'm sure the 2m handi is going to get boring
really quickly!).  An opportunity for a Delta 580 has just come up and
I'm considering it for him.  It seems to be operating OK, and it's owned
by a friend, so I don't think there will be a problem with it.  But, my
question for the group is whether or not this is a good radio for a
starter?  It seems to be - fairly simple controls, audio notch and
filters, etc.  Am I right?

        Thanks & 73,
                Duane

Duane A. Calvin, AC5AA