TenTec

[TenTec] Omni VI ssb rx audio - experimental mod

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI ssb rx audio - experimental mod
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:19:16 -0800 (PST)
The Inrad 2.8Khz filters are really a necessity to
complete the "mod".  The Triton, on the other hand,
benefits from stock 2.7Khz wide filters. For the Omni
VI, I'm confident that the combination of tapping the
audio off the product detector plus the wide Inrad
filters would result in excellent hi-fi quality ssb rx
audio.  The Omni's stock 2.4Khz filters just aren't
wide enough to pass enough bass to give the male voice
some body and enough treble to prevent the voice from
sounding muffled, at the same time.  I'm speaking, of
course, about "hi-fi" audio - for communications
quality audio, the 2.4Khz filters are perfect

73,
Barry  N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg

http://auctions.yahoo.com