TenTec

[TenTec] Re: inrad filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: inrad filters
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Mon Apr 14 22:29:21 2003
I believe Inrad specifically advises to check/adjust
the carrier balance when installing the Inrad 2.8Khz
filter in the 9Mhz i.f.  I own an oscilloscope so this
was very easy to do.

Many folks also like to adjust the carrier offset in
order to optimize the hi/lo cutoffs of the audio
passband.

And then some folks who aren't as concerned about
optimal performance probably just drop in the filter
and forget about it.  If you do this you should at
least solicit signal reports for the presence of
unsuppressed carrier.

73,

Barry N1EU
www.n1eu.com