TenTec

[TenTec] Problem with 705 mic

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Problem with 705 mic
From: Mark Toussaint <n1mt@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 04:02:43 -0800 (PST)
I recently purchased a used 705 mic and it has a
problem. Before I send it back, I wanted to see if
there are some suggestions you folks might have on its
repair.

1. The mic came without a 9 volt battery, so I put one
in and noticed the red transmit LED was on.

2. Hitting both the PTT and lock switches on the base
had no effect on turning it off.

3. I opened the 4 pin connector and all looked good
there (nothing shorted across PTT and GND pins)

4. I put the mic on my omni 6 and when plugged in, it
immediately kicks the rig into transmit and it does
work, provide audio to the rig.

When I open the base up later today, any suggestions
on what to look for (don't have a schematic but can't
imagine its too complex) ?

Thanks in advance, Mark N1MT