TenTec

RE: [TenTec] QSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] QSK
From: "ron" <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:36:15 -0500
Neato!
Reminds me of the tube days when I had the Heath dx 60 and matching vfo and
rx. Man all the steps to go thru to tune and then manual switching between
tx/rx! Sri I sold it back then.....I got a TT Century 21 with the sale
money. Still have the TT rig.  :)

Ron
Wb1hga

I'm probably hopelessly old fashioned, I still use my "boatanchors" on the
air regularly like my DX-100, Valiant, Globe King, 75A4, BC-348 and HRO-50.
My QSK system uses time-sequenced mercury-wetted relays to 1) transfer the
antenna from the receiver to the transmitter and cut the receiver gain back
to a level where I can monitor the actual transmitted signal on the
receiver, 2) turn on the transmitter oscillator, and 3) turn on the
transmitter final amplifier and the Heath SB-200 if I'm using it.  When I
let up the key, the relays release in the opposite sequence.  Mercury wetted

relays switch in under a millisecond, so it works darned well.