TenTec

[TenTec] Noise canceling headphones

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Noise canceling headphones
From: "D. Kemp" <nn8b@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 07:14:52 -0800 (PST)
I am using racing headphones that are a 25db noise
reduction over ambient. They have a liquid type seal
that covers the ears to block out the noise. I've used
this type of headphone at races for over 4 hours at a
time and while they fit tight their not too
uncomfortable. Only when I wear sunglasses.

On the radio they work very well. When ambient noise
is blocked out (better S/N for the brain) I can hear
very weak signals.

There are a number of suppliers of racing headphones
like Racing Electronics and Racing Radios and probably
many more. Many with mics attached.

Regards,

Don, NN8B