TenTec

[TenTec] Orion Threshold and RF Gain Settings

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Threshold and RF Gain Settings
From: Lee Crocker <w9oy@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:58:04 -0800 (PST)
Barry,

So you're telling me that the best possible dynamic
range and/or MDS performance for all band conditions
and all filter combinations and all antenna
combinations is with the gain of the DSP essentially
turned to max, and with the RF gain control set to
some arbitrary value known as "I hear some noise".  On
what criteria do you base this conclusion?

73   W9OY