TenTec

[TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:31:43 -0500
Over the last week or so I've purchased a Studio 1 microphone and a Heil
boom to get the microphone up off the desk top.  (I keep smacking the
desk mic when reaching for the key - hi!)  Anyway, long story short, the
cable with the mic is only 5 - 6' long, about 3' short of what it needs
to be to run from the mic, along the boom, and then across to the rig.
For those of you who have this kind of arrangement, how did you solve
this problem?  Did you build your own cable from Heil wire?  I emailed
Heil and got a terse, three word reply from Bob - "Sorry, no
'extenders.'"  I'm thinking I'll build my own cable, but would like to
hear from others what they chose to do and how it worked for them.

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas