TenTec

[TenTec] I need a Titan 525 Expert!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] I need a Titan 525 Expert!
From: "Larry Groom" <lgroom@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:21:02 -0500
My late model Titan amp has had a problem that at first would
show up seldom, but has now shown up regularly. It will not put
out power when the exciter is key down. I can hear the Vacuum relay
keying up, but there is no output. A friend tested the relay over 100 times
with no failure.
My question is this... Is it possible to bypass the circuit that senses the
input RF and then allows the amp to key up? I would like to see if it
will work when PTT is grounded with the RF sensing circuit bypassed, thus
eliminating a possible trouble spot. I called Ten-Tec and they said they'd
be happy to work on it, but that it could be a ton of things including the
tubes
etc and I'd like to have an idea of what is wrong if I could. I wish the
problem
wasn't intermittant, that would help.

Thanks in advance for any help

73's Larry