TenTec

Re: [TenTec] CVS TDE headphones

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CVS TDE headphones
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:51:51 +0000
 Good point Bob! I worked at an auto assembley plant (one of the big three)
that used to let us use walkmans. Low and behold, after a few months, they were
getting a noticeable rise in hearing loss work comp complaints. Shortly there
after, that privledge was gone. We could still have radios at a reasonable
volume. We don't want  our hams in the "Pete Townsend" category. As far as I
know, there is no cure for hearing loss.

73, Mike K9MI

>Only if they are operated at an SPL of 85+ dB or greater for extended
>periods of time.  At which time signals will fall on deaf ears.
>
>It would appear to me that with all the portable music and  entertainment
>devices available that inject sound direct into the ear canal we are
>creating a society of the deaf.  Point being, headphones can be suddenly and
>very damaging permanently to ones hearing.  Exercise extreme caution when
>using headphones.
>
>73
>Bob, K4TAX

Mike Brown