TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion Ver 2?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Ver 2?
From: <rurie@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:41:10 -0500
> Bob,

 I was listening to a Traders net on 3898 last night on my TR-7 as I was
working on the Orion.  It was noisy as usual at my location and listening with
the TR-7 required extra filtering from the NIR-12 DSP box.  After completing
the firmware update and putting the Orion back on-line, I noticed the same
thing you did.  After getting the AGC back to the previous levels, I was
surprised how quiet the bands seemed.  I flipped the switch back to the TR-7
and there was the noise again as before.  I initially thought it was possibly a
mistake on my part by not setting the RF gain and such, but after listening to
both the net and the 3Y0X on 40 CW, I'm convinced the new V2 firmware is a
winner.  More time to play with it when I get home tonite.
Good luck, Robb N0RU