TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion I V2 Beta Notch and AN problem

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I V2 Beta Notch and AN problem
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:23:15 -0600
> carrier and see it on s-meter for example on S9 and switch on
> Notch or AN you dont hear carrier but S-meter are still on
> this same position and AGC still see the carrier.

That also appears to be the case on the Orion II.

Used to be on the Orion, for example, that if you turned the notch (AN or
manual) on an AM carrier, the carrier would vanish and have no effect on AGC
whatsoever.  Now it does not.  Hard to tell what's happening, but something
is definitely different.

You don't suppose T-T has gone to an audio notch?  (surely not!)

Grant/NQ5T