TenTec

Re: [TenTec] 2054

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2054
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:44:11 -0600
> I will not respond to any comments concerning this post as I
> have said all I want to about 2054.  In my opinion it should
> never have been released

For the record, I'm not knocking your opinion.

But it is at least advertised as a "beta", and that should be a clue as to
it's "fit and finish".  Beta software from big guns who do NOTHING but
software (MS, to name just a few) is also more often than not a total mess.
I'm in the middle of one of those messes right now with a client, with
production software that's worse than a beta, and the next version available
being ... a "beta" (sheesh).

There are stable 1.xxx software versions (I know, there are varying opines
on that as well), and if anything, an ultimately clean 2.xxx GA version for
the Orion is a plus.  Until then, well, there's the current production
release.

At least on the original, you have 1.3xx (whatever) to go back to.  Can't do
that to fix any of the niggles with 2.030 on the II ... I tried ... it won't
load :-)

Grant/NQ5T