TenTec

[TenTec] Orion V2 upgrade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion V2 upgrade
From: "Jess Young" <w8jy@starband.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:56:14 -0500
I installed the new software the day it appeared on the website, and of
course discovered the sweep didn't work.
I got around to doing the modification today - really a pretty quick and
easy job.  Well, it would have quicker if I hadn't had to spend as much time
finding screws I dropped, and it would have been easier if I hadn't had to
chase those blasted spacers across the floor.

The sweep does seem to be improved now.  I never used it much, but it is
handy to locate other callers when working split.

I spent the weekend on the CW contest so haven't had a chance to check out
the SSB glitches yet.  Not a single problem with the rig through the whole
contest, however.
So far, I like the changes.  Tomorrow I will do a little SSB work and see
how the new version has affected that.

Jess Young, W8JY