TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio
From: Shawn Upton <kb1ckt@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 17:20:01 -0700 (PDT)
That would be cool.  Simple setup, PTO, quiet
frequency readout (or at least an output jack for
external freq meter), QSK, a "real" CW transciever for
the CW person with maybe 50W or so.  The C21 setup
would work well with the KK7B DC phasing reciever, so
it wouldn't have to be like a regular DC reciever.

Only thing, of course, would be making it cheap enough
to sell like hotcakes...  That and justifying the cost
of an old school PTO and bandswitch, mechanical parts
just aren't as cheap as they used to be.  And while a
few of us would love a rig like this, probably not
enough to warrent the work.

Shawn KB1CKT

--- BPCI@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/6/2006 8:11:41 AM Mountain
> Standard Time,
> sales@tentec.com writes:
>
> We're  still
> working on new equipment for Amateur Radio
>

> Just to add my two cents worth, I would like to see
> a  modern version of the
> Century 21--a CW version that is above and beyond
> anything  being made today.
> I have an Omni VI Plus that is a wonderful radio,
> but i would  like to have
> one that performs as well in the size of my Argonaut
> V. By the way,  know there
> are many of us out here who truly appreciate you,
> your company, and  the
> wonderful products you produce....73, Ci
>
> Ci Jones,  WU7R
> FISTS #10789, CC #1853
> NAQCC #306
> ARCI #12163