TenTec

[TenTec] Omni VI+ QSK Audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ QSK Audio
From: Phil <flor0045@metnet.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:38:38 CST
I've listened to many Omni VI and VI+ rigs over the years and none had
"thumps" in the sidetone using fast QSK.  I used the same cans on each.
None had been modified to eliminate wierd noises in the sidetone.  I set up
all the rigs the same.

Some had clicks or ticks, some had NONE.  There was no recognizable pattern
as to what version of the rig did what.  I don't know what version firmware
was being used.

If someone had a sure fire way to eliminate clicks from the sidetone
without decreasing the QSK speed, I'd go into mine.  I haven't seen one.
Until that time, I'll ignore them.

FWIW,

Phil, K0UBC
CW only