TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 / Hercules 444

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 / Hercules 444
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:07:48 -0700
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:21:00 -0500, Speer, Doug wrote:

>I own two of the old original Hercules 444 Ten-Tec amplifiers

You need to find a "pre-delay" keying output from the Orion. This
corresponds to the keying line in the older Ten Tec rigs with which
the 444 was designed to work. I don't know if the Orion has this,
but I'd be surprised if it doesn't. The K2, K3, the FT1000-series
radios, and the TS850 all do. The Omni V has it, but you have to go
inside the radio and get it (from a terminal strip on one of the
boards).

And you need to feed the RX antenna output from the 444 to the
Orion's RX antenna input.

73,

Jim K9YC