TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ great CW rig

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ great CW rig
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:36:00 -0700
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:12:03 -0400, Rick Denney wrote:

>Here's the information for the kit:

>http://www.inrad.net/product.php?productid=210&cat=161&page=1

>I have that kit installed in my Omni V.9, with a 2800-Hz filter
>because I'm an SSB user. It's installed so that the "Narrow" button
>invokes both the 9-MHz filter (of which there is only one on the V)
>and the INRAD roofing filter.

If you do serious contesting (or even DX chasing in big pileups),
you really want that roofing filter. I ran several contests with my
V.9, and quickly came to that conclusion. I bought the 2.8 kHz Inrad
roofing filter, but never got around to installing it. That rig,
with or without the filter, is for sale. It's loaded with Ten Tec
filters. The filter is also for sale, still in original packing.

73,

Jim K9YC