TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion I RIT/XIT problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I RIT/XIT problem
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:21:25 -0400

W3GQJ wrote:
 > I have heard that it works when the front panel RIT/XIT won't
work.  You still need to turn on the RIT/XIT from the front panel,
but then you can change it with the POD.

         I had the 302R Pod and can confirm this,
which caused me to feel it was not firmware but the
encoder itself.  See my post from May 2004 below:

http://dayton.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2004-05/msg00620.html

"Actually my RIT/XIT knob is acting up now so I can't check it.
It works intermittently even though the 302R works perfectly, so
there may be a hardware problem with its encoder."

         You may be on the right track with
the cable but I wonder why that would affectRIT only and not other
functions on that cable?
Good luck with your detective work!

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV