TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Think about trading for another HF rig? ; the grass isn't

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Think about trading for another HF rig? ; the grass isn't
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:28:55 -0400
PA5MW wrote:

 > Oh and Tom is using FT1000MP's during contesting at his station, NOT the
K3  (as far as I recall from his latest message).

         Mark your information is out of date by ~1 year.  If you
want to read Tom's review, it's on page 9 of the eHam K3 reviews
written August 25, 2008 (see below):

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6673?page=9

 > Please forgive me my words above. I'm being rude here and expressing my
frustration.
But I have seen too much of messages from you  and others having such
content and I do not like it.
I will refrain from further comment in this discussion as I am adding to
the band noise now too.

         Please recall that you actually began this thread on the
Ten-tec list by promoting what I feel was a rather questionable
review of the K3.  I have the benefit of having read (too much) G4ILO
on the Elecraft list.  For the record, he has now stated:

"If so, then it seems as if all of my main annoyances with the K3 are
going to be addressed very soon. :) "
http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2009-September/116203.html

Perhaps G4ILO simply needs a little more patience.  Elecraft is
probably the most responsive radio manufacturer today and certainly
does not deserve whining reviews...or their promotion.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV