TenTec

Re: [TenTec] It sure ain't easy

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It sure ain't easy
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 11:17:58 -0700
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:55:59 -0400, John Rippey wrote:

>My XYL says I should keep them as well, so my inclination, especially after
>this evening's feedback, is to let her have the last word.

Congratulations on having a fine XYL!  My view of this is that both the Omni
and Yaesu are fine rigs, but you won't get much for them if you sell them.
That's mostly because so many guys have been selling top tier rigs like
these to buy K3s. Two years ago an MP loaded with filters was worth almost
$2K. Now it's more like $1.2K. I'd say tht if you don't need the cash, hang
on to them. If you need cash to buy the K3, that's another story. I sold an
Omni V, an MP, and a loaded K2 to buy a K3. But I still have a TS850, an MP,
two  746s, and a K2 (which I keep for emergency use because of it's much
lower current draw). The 850 and one 746 are for sale. :)

73,

Jim K9YC