TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni VII ATU Saga

To: k1vt@arrl.net, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII ATU Saga
From: "Hulett, Russell" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:38:47 -0500 (EST)
On 1/24/2011 10:07 PM, Curt wrote:
Recently  received repaired 588AT S/N 10C10977, repair #R-8329.  Everything
works fine now, but would appreciate some explanation of how repacing a
defective 455 filter would restore the antenna tuner to correct operation.

My only symptoms were failure of the ATU to function, don't notice any
diagnostics related to the ATU.  I'm concerned that the ATU is intermittent.

Regards,

R. C. Hulett, KB5JO
Dear Curt:

The filter is in the low level transmitter chain. The filter was intermittent
causing the transmit [power to drop below the threshold needed to activate the
tuner.

Paul R. Clinton
WD4EBR
Service Manager