TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Corsair II DDS VFO: adaptable to other TT PTO rigs?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II DDS VFO: adaptable to other TT PTO rigs?
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 21:38:58 -0500
Pardon the bandwidth if this has been covered before, but is there any reason
that this unit couldn't be used in/adapted to most if not all of the TT PTO
rigs? From what I understand the PTOs are almost identical with the exception
of left hand vs. right hand thread of the PTO shaft in the Delta and Century
22. (As I recall, in these rigs the PTO tunes "backward" from the 9 MHz IF
rigs due to the Delta/C22 mixing schemes.) It would seem that changing the
encoder wiring and/or minor software revisions might be about all that would
be needed. Am I on the right track here? If not, which other models (if any)
could the DDS VFO be used in?

TNX/73, Al