TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds
From: "Richard Schmidt" <k7nsw@ispud.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 13:55:18 -0700
I have Omni 7 and T-T's latest version of their high power antenna tuner
(don't recall model number off hand).  Up on the house roof (cedar
shingles) is my old Hy-Gain 40 - 10 meter vertical with two radials for
each band.  All of the antenna is above dc ground.  At base of vertical
is SO-239 coax connector.  This entire antenna looks like a balanced
antenna to me.  Why not feed it with ladder line through my tuner?  Go
around the SO-239 at the base.  As you say, a balanced antenna system is
best using ladder line.  So why not do this?  I have always wondered
about this.