TenTec

[TenTec] Ten Tec 565 (AT) Advice Sought

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 565 (AT) Advice Sought
From: "k3hx@juno.com" <k3hx@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 01:33:42 GMT
My 2005 vintage Orion I is just back from the good folk at Ten Tec where
the deteriorated display was replaced and the software updated to V3.025.

When I bought the radio, I got the matching speaker and installed an INRAD
600Hz filter in place of the TT 1000Hz filter.

I have been inactive for a few years and would appreciate some counsel from the
group.  I'm CW 90% of the time, mostly QRP.

1. Suggested settings.  Years ago there was a list of settings to optimize the
Orion I for CW operation.  I'd be grateful for such a list applicable to the
upgraded software

2. Is there a way to make one of the CW memories suitable for calling
CQ during a contest so:

CQ TEST DE K3HX

Pause and repeat until a paddle swipe stops the message.

3. Advice in using the SAF function.

4. Advice in using the radio in a diversity reception mode.

5. What is the "fixed CW vs FSK" issue?

72,

Tim Colbert  K3HX