TenTec

[TenTec] QRP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRP
From: Nr5q@aol.com (Nr5q@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 12:41:21 EDT
I suppose I belong to a fast disappearing group of old timers who think of the
Omni, Corsair, Paragon, and other 100 watt class transceivers as a QRP rigs as
delivered. Anything under 100 watts is QRP to many of us. I am sure it is more
difficult to get out with 5 watts or under...but it would be even more
difficult to get out using a dummy load, or underground antenna.

Please help me understand. I am being perfectly sincere--this is not meant to
be a "cute," or smart-alec type letter...What is the big deal about buying a
good rig and then making it work as poorly as you can?

73,

Brucee, NR5Q