TenTec

[TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"
From: JBeamer@PanAmSat.com (Beamer, Jay)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:53:20 -0400
Come on Y'all. This is all very simple, actually. "I want this, I want that,
I want it cheap"!! Get real! Ain't none of these radios going to be
everything to everybody, or anybody, for that matter. If it doesn't have
what you're looking for, don't buy it! If you can't find one that doesn't
have every single one of your precious features, don't buy anything!!

Don, I was skeptical when the Scout first came out because it didn't have
enough "features". I finally decided to try one, just because I enjoy all
the Ten Tec stuff I've had.

In my opinion, it's just what I needed for portable and mobile use without
having to run QRP. It's not the cheapest xcvr for this use, it does have a
few quirks, but no serious quirks, at least not my unit. It's simple to
operate and the display is large and uncluttered. These are to important
features for mobile use. As for the modules, how many times do you change
bands while mobile? Many times you say? Then don't buy one!! The rx and tx
audio sounds excellent, it's light weight, and it can be repaired if it
breaks! Fifty watts is less than one S unit below 100 watts.

Don, try it for a while. If it doesn't meet your needs, sell it!! I'm sure
someone will buy it! In fact, I'll give you 50 bucks for it right now!

Enjoy!

J/KM6VX