TenTec

[TenTec] Argosy II?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy II?
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 19:41:30 -0800
> It seems that I have had some input from the group to the effect that an
> Argosy II has the same basic Rx section as the Corsair II, without the 'bells

Oh, no, the Argosy II does not have the same receiver section as the
Corsair.  The Corsair is dual conversion, and the Argosy is single.
I suppose that they have one IF in common and the audio section may
be similar, but they are very different radios.

> I must ask the group, how is the Argosy II as a mobile rig? Of course its
> going to rate well as a CW rig, but what about the SSB? WIth the optional
> filters? Compared to a IC735 (and of course the Corsair II !)

I have not tried my old Argosy II in the mobile, the noise blanker
would tell the tale.  I like the Argosy II OK, but I would prefer the
735 hands down in most situations if it has the filters (more
sensitive receiver in general, more versatile, features that I like,
etc.)  Try them side by side and see what you think personally.

Clark
WA3JPG