TenTec

[TenTec] New Firmware

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Firmware
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:10:48 -0400
I believe the biggest problem with the Orion code is that there have been
several programmers writing code over the years for the Orion and Orion 2,
and that there may not be good documentation available of what has been done in
the past.

I sold my Orion right after version version 2 came out.  The code was so poor
that I became convinced I would be dead in the grave before they got it right.
This all began in 2003 and now,  seven years later it is still going on.

I really miss doing business with Ten Tec.  They are close to me and have
always treated me right.   The repair dept. is tops in my book.  But somewhere
along the way,  They are going to have to invest in proper software engineering
procedures and practices.

I think hiring John Henry is a step in the right direction!

Toby  W4CAK