TenTec

[TenTec] Tuning knob adj.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tuning knob adj.
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 08:11:10 -0700
>       Please grease the PIG first!
>
>       Not sure what a rebuild involves, but sounds more difficult and
> costly.

Interesting information, Jack.  I tried triflow once and got less than
satisfactory results, but I hadn't used alcohol to make way for the
triflow first :-) .

The rebuild is just mechanical, you get new bearings, shaft and some
other parts that get worse with mileage on the PTO.  You get new
grease, too, and that is the most important part.  A PTO rebuild
kit costs less than $20 as I recall and takes an hour or more to
do it right, but the results are fine and long lasting.

I respect your solution but suspect it is temporary, and when it is
no longer remedied by the pig greasing algorithm, the rebuild will
do the trick.

Clark
WA3JPG